Free shipping worldwide!
Marcasite has been used since ancient times and is best known for its use in Victorian jewellery.
Marcasite is similar to pyrite but has a different crystal structure; in old times it was used as a firestarter.
Because marcasite can be very brittle, mostly the little crystals were used in jewellery.
This marcasite stone therefore is quite unusual because of its large size and excellent polish.
- I set this blue and gold coloured marcasite cabochon in a half open smooth bezel and silver claws.
- One half of the organic silver ring is kept rough to enhance the contrast with the polished marcasite.
- The silver band is decorated with a circular pattern.
* Handmade rustic marcasite ring is 4 x 2,3 cm (1.57 x 0.9 inch).
* The marcasite stone itself is 3 x 2 cm (1.18 x 0.79 inch)
* The band of the adjustable ring is 7 mm wide
* Please take the ring off while showering or swimming to keep it in good condition!
Maybe you also like the amazonite statement ring or this simple wide ring.
Shipped in a luxury Roff Jewellery box, no extra fee.
Contact me if you have any questions or if you're looking for something special: I'm open for custom work!