Free shipping worldwide!
When I make a piece of jewellery I usually go with the flow or the spur of the moment; I don’t like making elaborate sketches, I just follow where the process or the material takes me.
Usually I get inspired by beautiful stones or certain shapes or textures.
I take a different approach when someone asks me to make something special for them.
Trying to envision what the client wants makes me get out of my comfort zone; some of my favorite pieces were custom orders.
I was assigned to design a boyfriend-ring for a ‘nerdy type of person’, who was into metal music, sci-fi and computers.
One of the designs I came up with was this steampunk inspired silver ring.
- I started out with a plain silver wide ring band that I hammered.
- Next I searched my scrap box for interesting bits of textured silver, sawed them all to the right size and bended them in shape.
- Little holes were drilled and all the pieces were soldered together.
- I added silver and copper granules and made some of them look like little screws.
- Finally I oxidized and polished the silver.
- The steampunk ring band in the photo's is 12 mm wide but I might change the width if you order a small size to keep it comfortable to wear.
- Please let me know what size you are if you order this ring.
- The textures on the ring that you'll receive may vary due to the fabrication process, though I'll do my best to make it as similar as possible.
- Each ring is made from scratch, please allow a couple of days for manufacturing.
- I will let you know how long it will take before I send it out.
Maybe you also like: hammered silver ring with emerald or this silver viking ring.
All Rōff Jewellery is packed in a luxury jewellery giftbox and shipped anywhere for free.
Contact me now if you have any questions or if you are looking for something custom made.